I am not sure why it is called an award, but I decided it would be a great opportunity to link some of the bloggers here; I have chosen those who blog about non-toxic, EWG friendly natural beauty products.
First; an introduction to the Liebster awards: the Liebster Award is a chain award created by bloggers and passed on from one blogger to another to encourage connections. It is a wonderful, fun way to interact and make friends in the blogging community.
These are the rules:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
For this award, I have chosen the following bloggers, who post about beauty products.
I find it difficult to navigate my way through advertisements and false claims that make products appear to be ethical and environmentally friendly, while trying to track down truly natural products that work really well. It’s a hard field to dig into, even with the EWG. Since my diagnosis with melanoma skin cancer in 2013 I have been trying to keep things as natural and non-toxic as possible and appreciate these bloggers working towards the same goals.
I nominate the following bloggers:
5. Sarah Heiman
6. Detox Witch
11. Eco Momma
My answers – A Melanoma Journey
1. How do you feel about connecting to others going through cancer in the social media? I think it’s one of the best things about technology! It certainly helps those going through cancer to connect.
2. Do you think connecting to other cancer patients would be useful in supporting you and them while going through the disease? Of course.
3. What are the words, sentences, or questions you think are appropriate to hear from others when they first learn one has cancer? “You look great.”
4. Do you have care-givers? or Are you a care-giver? I have supportive family and friends and an absolutely amazing husband.
5. What kind of support would you like from cancer-related organizations and the government? Continuing programs like YACC (Young Adult Cancer Canada).
6. Do you think you sharing your experiences in the social media help others going through similar experiences? Based on some of the search terms that I am found under, I believe my blog is reaching those who need it.
7. What is your favourite book? TV show? The Red Tent – Anita Diamant, Game of Thrones
8. What is your favourite season? Spring
9. What is your favourite breakfast? This is hard – something with lots of fresh fruit! I enjoy anything with re-fried beans involved, but am partial to the occasional pancake.
10. Do you have artistic creations, such as poems, stories, drawings, paintings, and hand-crafting? Does paint-by-number count?
11. Is there something you would like to share about your experience with cancer? There is no right way to deal with a diagnosis, go with what feels right.
My questions for the tagged bloggers:
1. What inspired you to go environmentally friendly, non-toxic with your beauty routine?
2. What is your go-to safe brand?
3. What brand were you surprised to find out isn’t as EWG/non-toxic friendly as they led you to believe?
4. What is your favorite book?
5. What is your favorite meal to cook?
6. What 3 products/ideas changed your 2014?
7. What is your favorite TED talk?
8. What is your favorite cookbook?
9. What is your current favorite blog?
10. What is your current favorite quote?
11. What song can you not get enough of right now?